Well today I awoke to the world at a very tardy hour of 5pm. It was a first ever for me to sleep this late but you see, last night was Noche Blanca in Spain and in Cordoba this comes with a full night of flamenco spectacles dotted all around the city. It’s a night not to be missed and it’s obligatory to see it through. The last show ended at 6.30am.
The night had followed on from a full day in the sun at the municipal swimming pool, so needless to say I was tired (and maybe a little hungover). So you can imagine my delight when I opened my bleary eyes to find that I had been nominated for the One Lovely Blogger Award!
Until today, I had no idea such a wonderful concept existed but it goes to show just how incredibly supportive and inspiring the blogging community can be. I have been overwhelmed at the bloggerpals I have made over the past few months – those who have not only taken the effort to ‘like’ my posts but to those who have gone as far as to comment on them, share them with others or pay me the ultimate compliment by clicking the ‘follow’ button.
I came into the blogosphere as I embarked on the biggest adventure of my lifetime, when I moved halfway across the world to Spain in September last year. I started out writing miramiandmog first and foremost to document my experiences and share them with those at home but I have been so excited to see that other people out there are reading this too. To all of you, thank you!!
So I will now copy/paste the rules that come with accepting this nomination:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
So first things first, to my dear friend Giana of Chasing Butterflies, Sunshine and Freedom – a world of thanks to you for my nomination, I am so flattered. I have watched your confidence grow a million-fold since you first started out only a couple of months ago and your dedication and motivation to be the best you can at it cannot be underestimated. You have had a level of success that I am absolutely in awe of and this nothing but a testament to how good you are at what you do. To be pressed only a couple of weeks after going ‘live’ is no mean feat and now this… you should be immensely proud of your achievements.
Now for the seven things about me that you might not already know:
- I’m a horoscope addict. Whether I believe it or not, I can’t help but check it every day.
- I have studied in France and lived briefly in Rome. I have visited 18 different countries and I want to see 7,891 more. Ok, so you get my drift. So much to see, so little time.
- I absolutely love baking. Both the act of producing it and the act of eating it. At home, this leisure activity was one that I always found time for, no matter how busy my schedule. Unfortunately, here in Spain, I don’t have an oven but I still love researching new recipes. I’m in my element experimenting with new flavours and better yet, sharing the results with others. However, without a doubt, the best part for me is eating half the mixture before it goes in the oven.
- I studied classical ballet for eighteen years of my life and my ambition to be a ballerina went well beyond the age of three.
- I adore spicy food and wish I had access to more of it here in Spain.
- Family is one of the most important things in the world to me.
- I am a Cancer and apparently my perfect match is a Pisces. I’m yet to find him but this morning’s horoscope told me he’s out there.
Lastly, in no particular order, here are my nominations for the One Lovely Blog award. All of these blogs have been inspiration for me over time and each and every one deserves your following too.